11 August (TODAY IN HISTORY) Collected facts include the people born today, the death of famous persons, war conflicts, freedom of any country, the invention of new technology, change of power, important national and international day etc.
Important events of 11 August
- Allauddin Hasan Gangu gained political power in 1347 and established the Bahmani dynasty.
- Cambodia became the protected country of France in 1863.
- Revolutionary Khudiram Bose was executed in 1908.
- France announced an attack on Austria and Hungary in 19.4.
- Jews from Paul were released in 1914
- The Friendship Treaty was signed between Persia and Iraq in 1929.
- At the portland port of Britain, Germany attacked the air in 1940.
- In the year 1944, the US attacked the Sumatra Islands on the Palembang area.
- The Summer Olympics in London started in 1948.
- African country Chad achieved independence from France in 1960.
- Dadar Nagar Haveli merged in India in 1961 and it was made a Union Territory.
- 17 killed in riots in South Africa’s Cape Town in 1976
- The then Soviet Russia conducted underground nuclear tests in 1984.
- Ronald Reagan became President of the United States in 1985.
- The last solar eclipse of the century in Europe and Asia was shown in 1999.
- In 2000, against the rebel leader Fiji, George Spate decided to prosecute sedition.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization NATO took over the command of the peace force in Afghanistan in 2003
- Pakistan launched the third Agosta 90b class submarine in 2006.
- Mohamed Hamid Ansari became India’s 13th Vice-President in 2007.
- Integrated Steel Manufacturers Godavari Power and Steel signed a Memorandum of
- Understanding (MoU) worth Rs. 1570 crores in 2008 with the Chhattisgarh Government.
- Paul Kagra Rwanda’s new president was formed in 2010.
- A 2012 earthquake in Tabriz and Ahar in Iran killed 153 people and injured nearly 1300 people.
- In 2012, a mosque in Bangladesh killed 13 people due to electricity collapse.
- Pakistan has killed 22 people in Kabul in 2013.
Read More: Important events of 10 August
Born on 11 August
- German teacher Friedrich Ludvig, who was the founder of Gymnastics in the world, was born in 1778.
- West Indian cricketer Archie Willes was born in 1892.
- Late Mantri Lalmani Mishra of Indian music world was born in 1924.
- Short story writer, Malayali Indian film producer-director and screenwriter John Abraham was born in 1937.
- RBI Governor D Subbarao was born in 1949.
- Indian cricketer Yashpal Sharma was born in 1954.
- Indian cricketer MV Narasimha Rao was born in 1954.
- Indian cricketer Anju Jain was born in 1974.
Died on 11 August
- Indian freedom fighter Shahid Khudiram Bose was hanged in 1908.
The famous journalist, critic, writer, critic and editor of Hindi, Nanddulare Vajpayee died in 1967.
- Actor P. Jayaraj died in 2000.
- Chan Tunisian, a father of Chinese computer industry, died on 11 August 2004.
- Britain’s great musician Anthony Wilson passed away on 11 August 2007.
National/International Holidays and Observations List
- Son and Daughter Day
- Garage Sale Day
Also, know this day in other months: