12 August (TODAY IN HISTORY) Collected facts include the people born today, the death of famous persons, war conflicts, freedom of any country, the invention of new technology, change of power, important national and international day etc.
Important events of 12 August
- 1765: Under the Allahabad Treaty, the rule of the British East India Company began in India.
- 1831: The Netherlands and Belgium signed the peace agreement.
- 1833: The city of Chicago was established in the United States.
- 1908: Henry Ford’s car company made the first car model.
- 1914: During the First World War, Britain announced an attack on Austria-Hungary.
- 1919: Father of Indian Space Program Vikram Sarabhai was born in Ahmedabad.
- 1960: NASA launches its first successful communication satellite Echo-A.
- 1976: After the Lebanese capital, Beirut, the soldiers of this country surrounded the Palestinian refugee camp named Talla Jatar after making a terrible massacre.
- 1978: China and Japan signed an agreement of peace and friendship in Beijing.
- 1981: IBM introduced its first personal computer, priced at $ 16,000.
- 2002: The Russian nuclear submarine was submerged after a blast, killing all 118 people aboard.
Read More: Important events of 11 August
National/International Holidays and Observations List
- International Youth Day (United Nations)
- World Elephant Day
Also, know this day in other months: