Important events of 2 June
- Russia and Austria signed several agreements in 1746.
- Anti-Catholic protesters attacked Parliament in London in 1780.
- For the first time in the US, in Maryland province, the Drinking Abuse Act 1851 was implemented.
- Guglielmo Marconi gave the application for patenting the radio in his name in 1896, which was later accepted on 2 July 1897.
- Alfred Deakin was elected for the third consecutive term in Australia in 1909.
- Lord Louis Mountbatten announced the partition of India in 1947.
- Queen Elizabeth II was crowned in 1953 on the British throne.
- In 1966, America launched a space station on the moon in its first attempt.
- Mali adopted his constitution in 1974.
- With its handing over its final nuclear warhead to Ukraine, Ukraine made the nuclear-free country in 1996.
Consensus on high-level talks between South and North Korea.
- TV broadcasting started in Bhutan in 1999.
- After the arrest of Myanmar’s Democratic leader Aung San Suu Kyi, all educational institutions in the country closed in 2003.
- The Australian model Jennifer Hawkins was made Miss Universe 2004.
- India, Russia and China’s Vladivostok conference ended in 2005.
- America bans Dawood Ibrahim and his organization in 2006.
- With the transition of E. coli bacteria to 2011, more than 20 people died in Europe and more than 1600 people became ill.
- The Government of India has approved the first phase of the Rajiv Gandhi Housing Scheme in 2011 to help the poor slum dwellers in urban areas and help the poor to fulfil the dream of their home.
- Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak was sentenced to life imprisonment in 2012 for the order to order the killing of demonstrators during the Arab Revolution of 2011.
- Telangana will become the 29th state of India on the same day in 2014.
Read more: Important events of 1 June
Born on 2 June
- The leader of ‘Bharatiya Janata Party‘ and former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Babulal Gaur was born in 1930.
- The famous politician Anant Geete was born in 1951.
- One of India’s famous film producer-directors Mani Ratnam was born in 1955.
- Nandan Nilekani, one of the co-founder members of the Indian entrepreneur, bureaucrat, leader and renowned software company ‘Infosys‘, was born in 1955.
- Archery woman player Dola Banerjee was born in 1980.
Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha was born on the same day in 1987.
Died on 2 June
- Pranakrushna Parija, the famous scientist of India, summoned by ‘Padmabhushan’ died in 1978.
- Indian politician and Chief Minister of British India Orissa province Vishwanath Das passed away in 1984.
- Indian producer, director Raj Kapoor died in 1988.
- Fashion designer Evans Lauren died in 2008.
Important events and festivals on 1 June
- International Sex Workers Day