22 July (TODAY IN HISTORY) Collected facts include the people born today, the death of famous persons, war conflicts, freedom of any country, the invention of new technology, change of power, important national and international day etc.
Important events of 22 July
- Spain signed the Vienna Treaty on 22 July 1731.
- George Washington took charge of the U.S. Army in 1775. George Washington was the first US president.
- India’s first pilot Indralal Rai was killed in the conflict with Germany’s aircraft around London in 1918.
- The National Flag of India was adopted by the Constitution of India on July 22, 1947
- Apple first geostationary satellite, Apple, started working in 1981.
- 500 US scientists took a pledge to boycott research in 1988 to make biological weapons in the defence ministry Pentagon.
- The work of the Equal Remuneration for the same work by the International Labor Organization was implemented in 1999.
- Sher Bahadur Deuba became Nepal’s new Prime Minister in 2001, the group-eight countries concluded in Geneva.
- In 2003 the air raids in Iraq killed two sons of dictator Saddam Hussein.
- Betty Williams, who won the Nobel Prize in Peace in 1976 for Mexico, arrested on 22 July 2004.
- Suspected to be a terrorist, the London Police killed innocent Brazilian citizen Jean-Charles de Menezes in 2005.
- Pakistan’s nuclear scientist Abdul Qadir Khan filed a reconsideration petition in 2008 in a court against the restrictions imposed against him.
- The longest full solar eclipse of the 29th century was the solar eclipse of 22 July 2009.
- The Fungi Research team of Vivekananda Institute of Tropical Mycology discovered the spores of the heat-resistant fungi that could withstand temperatures of 100-115 degrees Celsius in 2011.
- Pranab Mukherjee elected India’s 13th President in 2012.
- China heavy rains have killed 77 people on 22 July 2012.
In a report, 9/11 attacks were given to the failure of government organizations on 2014.
Read More: Important events of 21 July
Born on 22 July
- The first Lok Sabha member Sardar Teja Singh Akerpuri was born on July 22, 1894.
- Famous playback singer Mukesh was born in 1923.
- Musician Donald Hugh Don Henley was born in 1947.
- Ananth Kumar, a famous politician and current cabinet minister (chemicals and fertilizers), belonging to the Bharatiya Janata Party, was born in 1959
- The famous Indian social worker Sandeep Pandey, who was awarded the Ramon Magsaysay Award, was born in 1965.
- Maharashtra’s 18th Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis was born in 1970.
- The famous classical music singer Vinayakrao Patwardhan was born on July 22, 1898.
- Britain’s Prince William and Kate Middleton’s first son, Prince George, was born on 22 July 2013.
Died on 22 July
- Yatindra Mohan Sen Gupta, one of the prominent heroes of the Indian Independence Movement, died on July 22, 1933.
- Muktu Lakshmi Reddy, a recipient of the famous woman doctor, social activist and recipient of Padma Bhushan, died in 1968.
National/International Holidays and Observations List
- Ratcatcher’s Day
- Revolution Day (The Gambia)
- Sarawak Self-government Day (Sarawak, Malaysia)
Also, know this day in other months: