Important events of 22 June
- Emperor Humayun declared his son Akbar as his heir in 1555.
- In the Battle of Sisak, the massacre of the Christians defeated Osmani Turks (Ottoman) in 1593.
- Delta Kappa Epsilon Society was founded in 1844 at Yale University.
- The US Congress established the United States Justice Department in 1870.
- The Chaphekar brothers in Pune murdered the then District Magistrate Walter Charles Rand in 1897.
- Sweden adopted the national flag in 1906.
- In 1939, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose set up the Forward Block by separating the Congress.
- George V was the ruler in 1911.
- In World War II, Germany invaded Soviet Russia in 1941.
- The rebellion started in Lithuania in 1941.
- The US made laws to help retired soldiers in 1944.
- The first cricket Test match started in London’s Lord’s Cricket Ground between England and India in 1946.
- The British Emperor discarded the Impressor of India title in 1948.
- The title of the emperor of India was removed in 1948, his Majesty, King of the United Kingdom.
- The then Soviet Russia launched the R-12 missile for the first time in 1957.
- The killer of American musician John Lennon confessed his crime in 1981.
- Virgin Atlantic Airways took the first flight to London from Heathrow Airport in London.
- More than 500 people died in the devastating earthquake in 2002.
- Complete Iraq 2005 included in the World Heritage List
- America successfully tested missile defence system in 2006.
- Sunita Williams returns to Earth with her team in 2007.
- Syed Fakir Hussain was appointed Vice President of the Central Advisory Board of Child Labor in 2008.
- In 2008, OPEC, the producer and exporter nations, increased the price of oil to $ 137 a barrel.
- The longest solar eclipse of the 21st century appeared in India in 2009.
- Paraguay’s President Fernando Lugo was removed from office in 2012 after impeachment and Federico Franco became the new president.
- In the National Assembly building in Afghanistan, a suicide attack in 2015, all the attackers were killed and 18 injured.
- ISRO has launched the Satellite in space in 2016, the 20 satellite launches at a time.
Read more: Important events of 21 June
Born on 22 June
- Indian freedom fighter Ganesh Ghosh was born in 1900.
- Filipino actress Mona Lisa was born in 1922
- Indian cinema’s famous actor and villain Amrish Puri was born in 1932.
- Indian cinema actor Tom Alter was born in 1950.
Died on 22 June
- India’s famous poet Jagannath Das Ratnakar died in 1932.
- Buddhist monk, Pali language’s wealthy scholar and writer Bhadant Anand Kausalyayan passed away on June 22, 1988.
- Successful filmmaker, producer-director and actor of Indian cinema L. V. Prasad passed away in 1994.
- Kedarnath Agarwal, the chief Hindi poet, died in 2000.
- Indian director and producer Ram Narayanan died in 2014.
National/International Holidays and Observations List
- Father’s Day (Guernsey, Isle of Man, and Jersey)
- Teachers’ Day (El Salvador)