25 July (TODAY IN HISTORY) Collected facts include the people born today, the death of famous persons, war conflicts, freedom of any country, the invention of new technology, change of power, important national and international day etc.
Important events of 25 July
- 1689 – France declares war against England.
- 1813 – For the first time in India, boating competition was organized in Calcutta (now Calcutta).
- 1814 – America defeats Britain in the Battle of Niagara Falls.
- 1837 – The use of an electric telegraph was successfully demonstrated for the first time.
- 1854 – Walter Hunt receives US patent of paper shirt collar first.
- 1938 – In a bomb blast in Palestine, 62 civilians were killed and about 100 others were injured in two bomb blasts.
- 1948 – Australian cricket team records the Indian team biggest goal in Test cricket.
- 1963 – US, Russia and UK sign nuclear ban treaty.
- 1977 – Neelam Sanjiva Reddy became the sixth President of India.
- 1978 – World’s first IVF (In vitro fertilization) infant (world’s first test tube baby) Louis Brown was born in 1978 in Oldham City, England.
- 1982 – Jail Singh becomes the 7th President of India.
- 1987 – Rangaswamy Venkatraman became the eighth President.
- 1992 – S. D. Sharma became the 9th President of India.
- 1993 – Genocide troops again attack water and air on southern Lebanon.
- 1994 – The war ended between Jordan and Israel started for 46 years.
- 1997 – K. R. Narayanan became the 10th President of India.
- 2000 – Air France Concorde plane crashes just after two minutes of flying In which 113 people died.
- 2007 – Pratibha Devisingh Patil becomes the first woman President of India
Read More: Important events of 24 July
Born on 25 July
- 1875 – James A. Jim Corbett was an Indian writer and philosopher of Irish descent.
- 1905 – Johnny Hodges, American saxophonist was born.
- 1919 – Marathi and Hindi composer and singer Sudhir Phadke was born.
- 1929 – Somnath Chatterjee, Indian lawyer and politician, 14th President of Lok Sabha was born.
- 1978 – Louis Browne The world’s first test tube baby was born on 25 July 1978.
- Scholar researcher Parashuram Chaturvedi was born on 25 July 1894.
- Hindi film actress and singer Rakeshwari was born on 25 July 1905.
- The famous Indian politician Harsimrat Kaur Badal was born on 25 July 1966.
Died on 25 July
- 2012 – BR Isara, Indian Director and Screenwriter
- 2015 – 18th Governor of Kerala R. S. Gavai, Indian lawyer and politician
- Public worker Ganesh Vasudev Joshi died on July 25, 1880.
- The death of Godavish Mishra, the famous social reformer, literary and public activist of Orissa, was done in 1956.
- Famous film director B. R. The gesture was passed on 2012.
National/International Holidays and Observations List
- Thread The Needle Day
- Hot Fudge Sundae Day
- Carousel Day
Also, know this day in other months: