Important events of 25 June
- Mughal ruler Babar defeated Bengal 0n 25 June 1529 and returned to his capital Agra.
- Virginia became the 10th state to adopt the US Constitution in 1788.
- US President Andrew Johnson passed the law of working eight hours a day for government employees in 1868.
- Gadar Party was formed in 1913 under the chairmanship of Baba Sohan Singh.
- The Indian cricket team played their first Test match in 1932 at Lord’s ground in Britain.
- German dictator Adolf Hitler saw Napoleon’s grave and Eiffel Towers in Paris, France in 1940.
- Finland announced the attack on the Soviet Union in 1941.
- Ann Frank’s Diary of a Young Girl was published in 1947 on the same day. Its 3 million copies were sold and translated into 67 languages.
- The Korean Civil War began in 1950. This civil war, which started between North and South Korea fighting for freedom, later took the form of the International Cold War.
- American television and radio network CBS broadcast the first colour TV program in four cities from New York in 1951.
- Madagascar became independent from France in 1960.
- Iraq announced in 1961 that Kuwait is part of Iraq.
- On the advice of the Indira Gandhi-led Congress government, the President of India, Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed, announced the Emergency in 1975.
- India defeated the 1983 West Indies by 43 runs and won the Cricket World Cup title for the first time.
- Kim Campbell became Canada’s 19th Prime Minister in 1993.
- Japanese Prime Minister Tsutomu Hata resigned from his post in 1994.
- The anniversary of the Emergency is celebrated on June 25 in the form of ‘Black Day‘ in 1977.
- US President Bill Clinton reached China on a 9 day trip in 1998.
- The announcement of the reward of US $ 50 million for the arrest of Yugoslavian President Slobodan Milosevic in the United States in 1999.
- The new Cabinet in Afghanistan was sworn in in 2002.
- Ahmadinejad Nazad became president of Iran in 2005.
- The announcement of the victory of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, considered to be a very fundamentalist in Iran’s presidential election, was also announced on 25 June 2005.
- In 2008, the Uttar Pradesh government reduced the stamp duty on house and plot to 8 % from 5 % to 5 %.
- Luis Suarez was accused of cutting the team from the opposing team during the World Cup in FIFA 2014.
- Shrikant won the title of Australia Open Super Series in 2017.
Read more: Important events of 24 June
Born on 25 June
- British statesman, naval chief and the last viceroy of India Lord Mountbatten was born in 1900
- Chandrashekhar Pandey, one of the famous writers, was born in 1903.
- Female Indian freedom fighter and politician Sucheta Kriplani was born in 1908.
- Bollywood film music director Madan Mohan was born in 1924.
- India’s eighth PM Vishwanath Pratap Singh was born in 1931.
- India’s famous comedian Satish Shah was born in 1961.
- Bollywood actress Karishma Kapoor was born on June 25, 1974.
- Param Vir Chakra honoured Indian soldier Manoj Kumar Pandey was born in 1975.
Died on 25 June
- Swami Sahajanand Saraswati, the nationalist leader of India and freedom fighter, died in 1950.
- Singapore’s top lawyer and a key member of the Indian community R. Pal Krishnan died in 2003.
- Michael Jackson, who wrote the new definition of music and dance, said goodbye to the world in 2009.
National/International Holidays and Observations List
- National Catfish Day (United States)
- World Vitiligo Day