30 July (TODAY IN HISTORY) Collected facts include the people born today, the death of famous persons, war conflicts, freedom of any country, the invention of new technology, change of power, important national and international day etc.
Important events of 30 July
- Political and imperialist influence of the Netherlands in Indonesia started in 1602.
- The city of Baltimore was established in Maryland in 1729.
- The discovery of the island of Malda was in 1825.
- The first English language newspaper in Hawaii was published in 1836.
- Wright brothers made the first aircraft for the army in 1909.
- The first broadcast of Death Valley Days on NBC Radio took place in 1930.
- The tenth modern Olympic Games in Las Vegas, USA, started in 1932.
- The German army killed 25,000 Jews in Minsk in Belarus in 1942.
- Export Risk Insurance Corporation of India (Pvt) Limited was established in 1957.
- The World Cup of football began in 1930 and England won it for the first time in 1966.
- Vanuatu country got freedom in 1980.
- The Soviet Union conducted underground nuclear tests in 1982.
- Chile modified its constitution in 1989.
- Lance Armstrong, who has been touring France for three consecutive terms, became the first American in 2000.
- The United Nations started the deployment of peacekeeping forces in the areas which were vacated by Israel in 2000.
- The Sri Lankan government refused to ban the ban on exemptions in 2001.
- In 2002, Canada declared seven organizations, including Al Qaeda, as a terrorist organization.
Pakistan Prime Minister (Nominated) Shaukat Ajit 2004 Child and Child survivors in the suicide attack
- Hollywood actress Pamela Anderson married singer Kid Rock in 2006.
- Chinese scientists discovered about five million years old rocks in Zhengzhou in 2007.
- Nepal’s caretaker Prime Minister Girija Prasad Koirala got permission to represent his country at the 2008 SAARC summit in Colombo.
- In 2010, Saina Nehwal (Badminton) announced the Arjuna Award to 15 players, including Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna and Sunil Chhetri (Football), Jhulan Goswami (Cricket), Rajiv Tomar (Wrestling), Sandeep Singh (Hockey) on August 29 Gone.
- More than 140 people drowned in a boat crash in the river Kasai river in the Congo River flowing in Bandundu province, located in West Congo.
- In 2012, due to the major failure of the power grid in India, 30 million people had to live without electricity.
- In Andhra Pradesh, a fire in a train in 2012 caused 32 people to death and 27 were injured.
Read More: Important events of 29 July
Born on 30 July
- Muktu Lakshmi Reddy, the famous woman doctor, social worker and Padma Bhushan, was born in 1886.
- Govind Chandra Pandey, a well-known thinker, historian, Sanskrit and beautician of the 20th century, was born in 1923.
- The Hollywood actor and former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger was born in 1947.
Died on 30 July
- Thomas Gray, one of the 18th century famous English poets, died today in 1771.
National/International Holidays and Observations List
- Cheesecake Day
- Father-in-Law Day
Also, know this day in other months: