6 August (TODAY IN HISTORY) Collected facts include the people born today, the death of famous persons, war conflicts, freedom of any country, the invention of new technology, change of power, important national and international day etc.
Important events of 6 August
- In 1821, Brussels published the first edition of the ‘Courier of Page Bass’ newspaper.
- Bolivia achieved independence from Peru in 1825.
- The Madras High Court was established in 1862.
- Chief freedom fighter Chittaranjan Das and other Congress leaders started publication of “Vande Mataram” newspaper in 1906.
- Austria announced the war against Russia in 1914.
- In 1945, the US dropped a nuclear bomb on Hiroshima city of Japan.
- Cuba nationalized all properties in the country in 1960.
- In Jamaica, the Kingdom of the United Kingdom ended in 1962 and got free.
- Prometheus, the world’s oldest tree in Nevada, was cut in 1964.
- NASA expressed the possibility of living on Mars in 1996.
- Economic settlement in India and Australia in 2001.
- Due to the tension in India and Pakistan, Australia called back its citizens from Pakistan in 2002.
- In 2000, in the case of Fijian Prime Minister Mahendra Chaudhary, in the case of the coup, Vice President Joe Cannoli was sentenced to four years in prison in 2004.
- Both countries agreed to accelerate the shared patrol on the border in 2005.
- An old Hindu temple in central Trinidad was damaged in 2007.
- Hungarian scientists claimed to have received fossils of about 8 million years old cedar tree in 2007.
- Government Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) got an order to install 880 MW Super.
- Critical Boiler in Krishna Pattanam in Andhra Pradesh in 2008, which is the first order in this category.
- At least 255 people were killed in a sudden flash flood in 2010 in Jammu and Kashmir.
- In Thailand, Yingluck Shinawatra Shreev of Puia Thai Party became the first woman Prime Minister of the country in 2011.
- In the eastern part of Afghanistan, the crash of the helicopter of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization in 2011 killed 31 Americans and seven Afghan soldiers.
- NASA’s Curiosity Rover reached Mars in 2012.
- The announcement of the war against Russia by the USA in 1914
- In 1945, the US dropped the first atomic bomb on the Japanese city Hiroshima.
Read More: Important events of 5 August
Born on 6 August
- Japan’s Emperor Go Toba was born on 6 August 1180.
- Independent fighter and former governor of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh M. Chandi was born on 1921.
- Gurdial Singh Dhillon, the fifth Lok Sabha speaker of India, was born on August 6, 1915.
- Indian cricketer A. G. Kripal Singh was born on 1933.
- India’s famous environmental activist Rajendra Singh was born on 1959.
- Indian, American film director M. Night Shyamalan was born in 1970.
- India’s famous environmental activist Rajendra Singh was born in 1959.
Died on 6 August
- Indian National Congress leader Sir Surendranath Banerjee died in 1925.
- Famous Malayalam Literature S. K. Potchekkett died in 1982.
- Indian leader Bhupesh Gupta died in 1981
- Indian politician and Dalit leader Suraj Bhan passed away on 2006.
National/International Holidays and Observations List
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial Ceremony (Hiroshima, Japan)
Also, know this day in other months: