Important events of 6 June
There are many incidents in the history of June 6, which include the coronation of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- 1520 – France and England signed the Treaty of Scotland.
- 1674 – Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj or Shivaji Raje Bhosale’s coronation in the fort of Raigad and also he assumed the title of Chhatrapati.
- 1752 – Due to the fierce fire, about 18,000 water was consumed in Moscow.
- 1975 – Formation of a temporary revolutionary government in southern Vietnam.
- 1808 – Napoleon’s brother Joseph was made King of Spain.
- 1882 – Henry W. Seeley of New York took the electric iron patent.
- 1916 – Women were given the right to vote in the East Cleveland of America.
- 1919 – Finland declares war on Bolshevik.
- 1926 – There was a government under the leadership of Edley Pasha in Egypt.
- 1929: Actor, politician and social worker Sunil Dutt was born in Jhelum of Western Punjab (present-day Pakistan).
- 1966 – A person shot at James Meridith, the first black human rights activist to raise voice against apartheid at the University of Mississippi, USA.
- 1981: A train has collapsed in the Baghmati river of Bihar, which killed nearly 800 people out of 1000 people.
- 1994 – West Indian legend Brian Lara plays the first-class history with the highest score of 501 in Edgbaston against Warwickshire.
- 1997 – India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Thailand form a financial support group called Bisteck in Bangkok.
Read more: Important events of 5 June
Born on 6 June
- 1884 – Habib Bahraichi – Indian Urdu Shire was born.
- 1890 – Gopinath Bordoloi was an Indian politician born.
- 1929 – Sunil Dutt was the famous actor, producer and director of Indian films.
- 1955 – Ved Prakash Sharma – The famous Indian Hindi novelist was born.
- 1956 – Björn Rune Borg, A Swedish former world number 1 tennis player is widely considered to be the greatest in the history of the game.
- 1973 – Patrick James Rothphus was born to an American author of Epic Fantasy.
- 1977 – Ajinkya Rahane was born an Indian international cricketer.
- 1988 – Neha Kakad was born an Indian playback singer.
Died on 6 June
- 1982 – D. Devraj Urs, 8th Chief Minister of Karnataka passes away.
- 1984 – Death of leader of Khalistan movement Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale during Operation Blue Star
- 2004 – Former US President Ronald Reagan dies.
- Teachers’ Day (Bolivia)
- Engineer’s Day (Taiwan)