7 July (TODAY IN HISTORY) Collected facts include the people born today, the death of famous persons, war conflicts, freedom of any country, the invention of new technology, change of power, important national and international day etc.
Important events of 7 July
- 1763 – Mir Jafar was crowned as the Nawab of Bengal.
- 1799 – Maharaja Ranjit Singh occupied Lahore (Lahore is the capital city of Pakistan at that time).
- 1941 – Nazi killed five thousand Jews in the European country Lithuania Country in Europe.
- 1948 – The Damodar Valley Corporation was established.
- 1978 – Solomon Islands Country in Oceania achieved independence from Britain. Europeans discovered this islands in 1567.
- 1979 – The Soviet Union conducted nuclear tests in eastern Kazakh.
- 1980 – Sharia law came into force in Iran.
- 2003 – NASA’s Operational Spacecraft flew to Mars.
- 2005 – Five Islamic extremists in London have shot four bombings at different places in the city. In which more than 50 people were known.
- 2007 – US Telecom Satellite Direct V-10 launches Proton-M Rocket of Russia.
- 2008 – 41 people were killed in an attack on the Indian Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- 2011 – The Harry Potter movie series ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2’ premiered in London.
- 2012 – 140 people die from a fierce flood in Russia.
- 2013 – Andy Murray became the first England player to win the title since 1936, defeating Novak Djokovic in the Wimbledon tennis tournament final.
Read more: Important events of 6 July
Born on 7 July
- 1859 – N Srinivasan is an Indian industrialist born on 7 July.
- 1929 – Thakur Ram Lal was the leader of Indian politician and leader of the Indian National Congress in Himachal Pradesh.
- 1924 – Bhupendra Nath Kaushik was born on 7 July, the powerful satirist of the modern era.
- 1942 – Politician of Sir Michael Ozio Papua New Guinea was born.
- 1981 – Indian cricketer and captain of Indian cricket team Mahendra Singh Dhoni was born on 7 July.
- 1964 – Nabam Tuki was the eighth chief minister of Arunachal Pradesh.
Died on 7 July
- 1965 – Moshe Sharett Prime Minister, second Prime Minister of Israel, died.
- 1982 – Van Maharaja, Indian guru and religious writer died on 7 July.
- 1990 – Mizoram politician in Laldenga North-East India and the first chief minister of Mizoram state died on 7 July.
- 1999 – Vikram Batra was an officer of the Indian Army, who received honour while introducing unprecedented martyrdom in the Kargil war.
- 2011 – Rasika Joshi, a famous Marathi and Hindi film artist, passed away.
National/International Holidays and Observations List
- World Chocolate Day
- Tanabata (Japan)
- Ivan Kupala Day (Belarus, Poland, Russia, Ukraine)
- Saba Saba Day (Tanzania)
Also, know this day in other months: