Important events of 7 June
- 1557 – England declares war on France.
- 1654 – Louis XVI became king of France.
- 1692 – Three thousand people die in Port Queen of Caribbean country Jamaica.
- 1780 – Death of nearly 100 people in anti-Catholic riots in London.
- 1862 – The United States and The UK agree to end the slave trade.
- 1989 – Soviet rocket launches from India’s second satellite Bhaskar I.
- 1929 – Vatican City becomes a sovereign country.
- 1939 – George VI and Elizabeth became Britain’s first King and Queen who toured the US.
- 1948 – The Left completely occupies Czechoslovakia.
- 1975 – First World Cup match was played between India and England at Lords Stadium, India lost in this match.
- 1979 – India’s satellite Bhaskar-I was launched from Kasaputin Yar on Intercosmos launch vehicle.
- 1995 – Norman Thagard of America becomes the longest-living astronaut in space orbit.
- 1999 – Democratic elections for the first time since 1955 in Indonesia.
- 2000 – An American court directs Microsoft to split the company into two parts.
- 2004 – Israeli cabinet approves the proposal for removal of settlements from the Gaza region.
- 2006 – India decides to give one billion rupees for the economic reconstruction of Nepal.
- 2008 – US President George Bush uses Vito for the second time against approval of stem cell research.
Read more: Important events of 6 June
Born on 7 June
- In 1905 Keshto Mukherjee a Male Actor from India born on 7 June.
- Dr Virginia Apgar American obstetrical anaesthetist born in 1909.
- Khwaja Ahmad Abbas film director, writer and journalist was born on 1914, June 7 at Panipat.
- Tiku Talsania a Male Actor from India born in 1956.
- Mahesh Bhupathi Indian tennis superstar was born on 1974, 7 June in Chennai.
- Amrita Rao a Female Actress from India born in 1981.
- In 1991 American rapper Fetty Wap born on this day.
Died on 7 June
- 1954 – Alan Turing, English mathematician and computer scientist.
- 2002 – Basappa Danappa Jatti, Vice President and Acting President of India.
- 2016 – Amber Gurung / Male / Musician / Nepal
Today’s Google Doodle has been honoured on the 109th birthday of American Anesthesiologist Dr Virginia Apgar.
- Flag Day (Peru)
- Journalist Day (Argentina)
- Union Dissolution Day (Norway)