21 May (TODAY IN HISTORY) Collected facts include the people born today, the death of famous persons, war conflicts, freedom of any country, the invention of new technology, change of power, important national and international day etc.
21 May History Events
In the history of 21 May many important events occurred in today’s history, the important people who were born in this world today, as well as those important people who said goodbye to this world today, these are all important On things we will see again.
Important events of 21 May
In view of today’s history i.e. some important events in the history of May 21 which are recorded in history
- Prince Louis of France entered England in 1216.
- New Zealand became part of the British colony in 1840.
- The US Nation Lawn Tennis Association was founded in 1881.
- The first horror movie was observed in Chicago in 1908.
- University of Chicago students Richard Lob and Nathan Leopold murdered a 14-year-old Bobby Franks in 1924.
- The USSR conducted a nuclear test in 1970.
- Pierre Moro was appointed the Prime Minister of France in 1981.
- In 1994, Southern Yemen announced separation from Northern Yemen.
- Popular Soft Drinks Company Pepsi announced for the first time in the world to make an advertising film in space in 1996.
- The resignation of President Suharto in 1998, continuously governing Indonesia for 32 years.
- Former Bangladeshi President HM Irshad was sentenced to 6 months imprisonment in 2002.
- More than 190 countries of the world have ratified the International Treaty against Tobacco in Geneva in 2003.
- An attack on Congress rally in Srinagar on May 21, 2006
- In 2010, Air India’s IX-182 aircraft coming from Dubai to Mangalore, 158 passengers out of 166 died due to the crash.
- Madan Tamang, president of All India Gorkha League, was assassinated in 2010 in Darjeeling.
Read also: Important events of May 20.
Born on 21 May
Let’s know which famous people were born today in history.
- American Judge James Lopez Watson was born in 1922.
- Malcolm Fraser, the former Prime Minister of Australia, was born in 1930.
- India’s famous satirist Sharad Joshi was born in 1931.
- Indian actor Mohanlal Viswanatha Nayar was born in 1960
- Famous director, Scriptwriter Aditya Chopra was born in 1971.
Died on 21 May
Which great persons died in the history today?
- The gamma wrestler died in 1960 and rarely is an Indian sportsman who has not heard the name of the ‘Rustam-e-Zaman‘ wrestler.
- India’s first woman Prime Minister Indira Gandhi’s son and India’s ninth Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi died in 1991.
Important events and festivities of 21st May
And also know what is known today in the history of day 21 i.e.
- Terrorism / Sacrifice Day (date of Rajiv Gandhi’s death)