Important Events of May 15 –
- The parliament of Paris appointed Louis XIII in 1610, the King of France.
- The French troops captured Milan in 1796.
- Paraguay announced independence from Spain in 1811.
- Las Vegas in Nawada, USA, was founded in 1905.
- The first airmail service in America was started in 1918.
- The world’s first air hostess Alan Church took a flight to Auckland-Chicago Flight in 1930
- The first Arabic Communist Newspaper was started in 1925.
- Moscow Metro opened for people in 1935.
- Australia made a world record in 1948 against an Essex in a cricket match that lasted 721 runs a day.
- The UK Supply Ministry had announced that the first hydrogen bomb was tested in 1957 under the scaled tests carried out in the Pacific Ocean.
- The Soviet Union did the Sputnik-3 launch in 1958.
- On this day, 16 teenagers who were held hostage in a school in Israel died. In addition, Three Palestinians were also killed in 1974.
- The Soviets started their recall in 1988 with one lakh 15 thousand soldiers from Afghanistan.
- The United Nations decided to celebrate International Family Day on May 15 in 1993.
- China did the nuclear test in Lop Nur, PRC in 1995.
- Allison Hargreaves became the first woman to reach the peak of Mount Everest without Oxygen Cylinder in 1995.
- In 1999, the Kuwaiti government gave women the right to vote in the parliamentary elections.
- The majority in the right-wing coalition in Italy in 2001.
- The United Nations Security Council approved the sanctions on Iraq in 2002.
- In 2003, in the Iraq war, a warrant suit was filed against British Army Commander Tammy Frakes in the Brussels court.
- ‘Arsenal Football Club‘ The first team to become a champion without losing a single match in English Premier League was formed in 2004.
- After 20 years, India’s plane landed in Canada in 2005.
- Sri Lanka government extended the ban on terrorist organization LTTE for two years.
- Manjula Sood of Indian origin became the first Asian woman to become Mayor in the UK in 2008.
- The second province of America to declare gay marriage as valid after California Massachusetts was made in 2008.
- In 2013, there were 389 people killed in three days of violence in Iraq.
Read more: Important events of 16 May
Born on 15th May
- Devendranath Thakur, a renowned scholar and religious leader, was born in 1817.
- The Great Revolutionary Martyr Sukhdev was born in 1907.
- Japanese writer and Buddhist nun jakucho Setouchi was born in 1922.
- Indian comedian Johnnie Walker was born in 1923.
- Former Chief Election Commissioner of India TN Seshan was born in 1933.
- Today, Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit was born in 1967.
- Mrs Édith Cresson became France’s first woman Prime Minister, she was born in 1991.
- Mahendranath Mullah a brave Indian officer in Navy’s was born in 1926.
- Indian politician and former Governor of Madhya Pradesh, Hari Vinayak Pataskar was born in 1892.
Death on May 15 –
- The famous historian Yadunath Sarkar died in 1958.
- K.M. Carriappa died in 1993 in India’s first Army Commander in Chief.
- Junior Carter passed away in 2003.
- Former Rajasthan Chief Minister and Vice-President Bhairon Singh Shekhawat died in 2010.
Important Events and Celebrations of May 15
- World Family Day