22 May History
Important events of 22nd May
Let’s know about some important events in history.
- Jews from Austria and Syria were released in 1420.
- Under the order of the Governor-General Lord Vejleigh, a permanent provision for the Mughal emperor of Delhi was arranged.
- Scottish author and physicist Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was born in 1859 on this day.
- During World War I, Italy declared war on Austria, Hungary and Germany in 1915.
- The Truman document was signed, in which the US had made a provision of 400 million dollars in 1947 for the assistance of Turkey and Yunnan in the Cold War.
- West Germany came into existence in 1949 formally after adopting the Constitution.
- In 1971, today, US President Richard Nixon arrived in Moscow, capital of the Soviet Union on a week-long visit.
- Resignation from Pakistan by Commonwealth membership in 1972
- Benin adopted the Constitution in 1977.
- Bachendri Pal became the first Indian woman to conquer the world’s highest peak of Everest in 1984.
- The revival of the Republic of Yemen, combined with the merger of northern and southern Yemen in 1990, increased.
- Bosnia, Slovenia and Croatia The members of the association were made in 1992.
- Michael Cardenas was elected Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund for the third time in five years in 1996.
- The Dalai Lama left the demand for Tibet’s independence in 2001.
Parliament dissolved in Nepal in 2002
- More than thousands of people died in the devastating earthquake that struck in Algeria in 2003.
- Mathematician Srinivasa Vardhan was awarded the Norwegian Abel Award in 2007.
- Pakistan was inducted in the United Nations 47-member Human Rights Committee in 2008.
- Former South Korean President Roh Moo Hyun, accused of corruption, committed suicide by climbing the hills near his home in 2009.
- In a 2010 car bomb blast in a central Khaal city market in central Iraq, 23 people were killed and 55 others were injured.
Read more: Important events of 21 May.
Born on 22 May
Know what is known on this day on 22nd day i.e. on this day which is known in history.
- Ram Mohan Roy, the most prominent king of religious and social development, was born in 1774.
- American television producer Queen Martin was born in 1922.
- Madan Lal Madhu, one of the modern bridge manufacturers of Hindi and Russian literature, was born in 1925.
- Mehbooba Mufti Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir was born in 1959.
- Tennis player Novak Djokovic was born in 1987.
Died on 22 May
And as well as know who today is goodbye to this world, who said this goodbye to this world.
- Sher Shah Suri, the founder of the ‘Sun Empire’ and the great warrior Sher Shah Suri died in India in 1545.
- Shripad Amrit Dange, one of India’s first Communist leaders, died in 1991.
- Govind Chandra Pandey, a well-known thinker, historian, scientist and beautician of the 20th century passed away in 2011.
Important events and festivities of 22 May
- World biodiversity day